THE GLOBOCAN PROJECT
Welcome to the GLOBOCAN project. The aim of the project is to provide contemporary estimates of the incidence of, mortality and prevalence from major types of cancer, at national level, for 184 countries of the world. The GLOBOCAN estimates are presented for 2012, separately for each sex. 1-, 3- and 5-year prevalence data are available for the adult population only (ages 15 and over). Please note that:
- These estimates are based on the most recent data available at IARC and on information publically available on the Internet, but more recent figures may be available directly from local sources.
- Because the sources of data are continuously improving in quality and extent, estimates may not be truly comparable overtime and care should be taken when comparing these estimates with those published earlier. The observed differences may be the result of a change in the methodology and should not be interpreted as a time trend effect.
- Before you start using GLOBOCAN, we recommend that you first read the section Data sources and methods.
- For a quick access to a summary of the burden of cancer in a country or for a cancer, use the FACT SHEETS option. Fact Sheets are a collection of statistical summaries for the eight most common cancer types or for each country or region of the world. They were developed to provide a quick overview of frequently-requested cancer incidence, mortality and prevalence statistics.
- If you want to perform simple analysis or create your own graphs using GLOBOCAN data, use the ONLINE ANALYSIS menu options.
Disclaimer:The Section of Cancer Information (CIN) at IARC reserves the right to update or change information contained in the database at any time, and then is not responsible for information resulting from the use of hyperlinks to external providers.
Copyright:IARC has proprietary rights to the materials on the Website. Publications/data made available by IARC/WHO enjoy copyright protection in accordance with the provisions of Protocol 2 of the Universal Copyright Convention. All rights are reserved. Materials (fact sheets, maps, estimates or data) may be used "as is" for research, educational or other non-commercial purposes, but the corresponding reference must be cited in all cases. Requests for any other use, including, but not limited to, use in conjunction with commercial purposes, should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Systematic retrieval of data to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, database or directory without explicit prior written permission from IARC is prohibited.
Should you find any error, inconsistency or mistake, or should you want further information, please contact us.